Thursday, August 09, 2007

At last summer is here





and all the weeds are growing!!!! Apart from that the place is full of veg, my courgettes, squashes and pumpkins are racing away. I have pulled up the remains of the Broad Beans, my late crop didn't do too well as half of it was eaten by the deer. In its place I have planted some late 'Nantes' carrots and some winter turnips.


The sweetcorn is doing very well - I can't stand the stuff so I hope the wife is hungry. My late crop of peas seem to be doing quite well as are the parsnips. The only crop I am worried about are my late potatoes - they seem to have taken a battering with all the bad weather so how many we get is hard to say. One mistake I did make was that I didn't plant the potatoes deep enough so I have had to earth them up.


Anyway here are a few more pics


No comments: